Natural family planning (NFP) is a general name for family planning methods that are based on day-to-day observations of fertility symptoms in a woman’s menstrual cycle. Couples can use it to achieve or avoid a pregnancy.
Sensiplan, a well known and accepted trademark not only in Europe, is an evidence based natural method, developed by the German Arbeitsgruppe NFP and followed up by the Department of Gynecological Endocrinology of the University of Heidelberg.
Certified NFP teachers for Sensiplan offer councelling and assistance to women and couples interested in using Sensiplan to achieve or avoid a pregancy effectively.
More about the training of NFP teachers for Sensiplan is explained here
Benefits of Sensiplan:
- Method efficacy rate over 99 %
- Promotion of fertility and body awareness
- Support of informed choice
- Encouragement of mutual responsibility
- No harmful side effects
- Applicable in special circumstances such as post-partum, breastfeeding and pre-menopause
Sensiplan service is offered by:
- Malteser Arbeitsgruppe NFP
- Fédération Francophone pour le Planning Familial Naturel – CAF
- Sensiplan Nederland
- NFP Slowenien